Division I (Boys)
- 1st Place High Jump — CHS, Jacob English, 6-9 (Division I record, old record Milo Rios, El Paso East, 6-8, 2017; CHS record, 1977)
- 1st Place 400 Meter Relay — CHS, 42.23
- 2nd Place 800 Meter Run — CHS, Nathaniel Palos, 2:00.50
- 2nd Place 800 Meter Relay — CHS, 1:28.01
- 2nd Place 1600 Meter Relay — CHS, 3:22.45
- 3rd Place 100 Meter Dash — CHS Landon Eubanks, 11.04
Division II (Boys)
- 3rd Place Shot Put — LVHS, Jayden Mermella, 41-01.50
Division III (Girls)
- 2nd Place Pole Vault — CHS, Makenna McMillan, 9-6
- 2nd Place Triple Jump — CHS, Mariel Harzke, 36-3.50
- 2nd Place 800 Meter Relay — CHS, 1:46.58
- 3rd Place 3200 Meter Run — CHS, Emma George, 11:59.40
- 3rd Place 400 Meter Relay — CHS, 49.92
- 3rd Place 1600 Meter Relay — CHS, 4:07.47
CHS boys’ team (87.5) placed second overall in team standings for Division I.
The two-day event took place at the San Angelo Stadium and included track events hurdles, relays and sprints as well as field events including pole vault, long jump, triple jump, shot put, discus and high jump. For a full list of results by event click here.
SAISD is proud to host this annual event which benefits not only our student athletes but also our local economy. Athletic teams and their families traveled from cities as far as El Paso, Lubbock, Klondike and Round Rock to compete. Though an exact figure is not available, the economic impact of an event like this one is significant.
SAISD Assistant Athletic Director Mark Baker said 1,118 athletes and their families attended this year’s event. Fifteen teams, both boys and girls, their families and their coaches stayed in San Angelo area hotels and ate at restaurants in the city.
At SAISD, we celebrate all the ways our students are smart, and extend our congratulations to all of our Bobcat, Chief and Maiden athletes who competed in the relays showcasing their athletic “smartness.” The District also thanks the SAISD Athletic Department including Rodney Chant, Mark Baker, Julie Quam, Tonya Land and CHS and LVHS coaches for working tirelessly to host the successful event. SAISD would also like to thank the many dedicated volunteers, community partners, men and women of Goodfellow Air Force Base and our student volunteers from CHS and LVHS.
“I’m very thankful for the volunteers and the athletic staff for their help,” Coach Baker said. “They did a tremendous job in helping us get set up and done.”
To stay up-to-date on San Angelo ISD, please visit the SAISD website at www.saisd.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.